- About Theo
- Factory and Tours
- All Things Chocolate
Theo Chocolate was founded in 2005 in a historic brick building in the Fremont neighborhood in Seattle. The building was built in 1905 and it has housed an interesting array of tenants.
It sheltered some of Seattle’s electric trolley fleet until 1941, during which Fremont was a streetcar suburb. At one point, the entire city was webbed in a network of streetcar lines, and they helped settle the various neighborhoods. The last streetcar rolled into the building, known as the Fremont Barn, on April 13th and the tracks began to be sold as scrap.
Occasionally the Fremont Historical Society will give a walking tour detailing the old streetcar lines in the neighborhood, starting at our door. After looking at so many of these photos we see the Waiting for the Interurban sculpture down the road a little differently now…
After being a transportation hub, the building housed many artists in the later part of the 20th century, until the Redhook Brewery settled here in the early 1980s. Here is the inside of the building while being readied for Theo Chocolate during 2005! We started production in 2006.