Cookies are all about sharing. If we could, we’d host a good old fashioned cookie swap and invite all of you to share your time-tested family recipes with us. Luckily, we have the Internet!
Our peppermint ganache thumbprint cookies offer a new spin on a holiday classic. We can’t think of a better way to put our Peppermint Stick holiday bar to good use, with the exception of eating it straight from the wrapper. These cookies are sure to impress at any gathering and make gorgeous hostess gifts.
Peppermint Ganache Thumbprint Cookies
Cookie base adapted slightly from Martha Stewart
- 12 tbs unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 1 ½ bars Theo Peppermint Stick 70% Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 4 candy canes, crushed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a stand mixer, beat together butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla on medium-high until smooth. Add flour, mixing on medium until combined.
- Roll dough into teaspoon sized balls and place on a baking sheet one inch apart. Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven, and press a teaspoon into the tops of the cookies to make indentations. Return to oven and bake for 7 to 9 minutes, or until light brown on the edges. Cool cookies on wire rack.
- Combine whipping cream and chocolate in a small saucepan, heat on low, stirring until chocolate is melted. Spoon ganache onto cookies and top with a sprinkle of crushed candy canes.
Makes 24 cookies.