Warming spices, apples, cranberries, and pieces of rich, dark chocolate come together to create a delicious fall treat. Try our Apple Cranberry Chocolate Spice Bread as an afternoon snack with a cup of coffee or after dinner with a cup of tea.
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (1/2 cup) stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbls pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 3oz (1 bar) Theo 70% Dark Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cups whole berry cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven 325. Butter and flour a 9 inch loaf pan.
- In a stand mixer, combine sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix thoroughly before adding vanilla, sour cream and applesauce.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. With mixer on low, add flour mixture slowly until combined. Fold in chocolate.
- Pour 1/3 of batter into loaf pan. Spread cranberry sauce on top and cover with remaining 2/3 of batter.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.